Excel Export Totals Alignment

Problem

May 13, 2008. When I was exporting Hours Served Summary by Volunteer to Excel I noticed that the totals come out on the wrong lines.

Also on:
Hours Served Summary by Volunteer
Hours Served Summary by Station
Hours Served Summary by Job
Hours Served Monthly by Volunteer
etc

And a similar result:
Statistics | Total Enrollment and Hours

Excel exported report

Can reproduce the problem, but only if I change the Excel option to ignore header lines. This option causes the problem you show.

Excel exported report

Following are the default settings for excel spreadsheets which work well, but with no headers or footers or totals. I have chosen it for the default because if they want an excel spreadsheet, they probably want to create their own totals after sorting or modifying the spreadsheet. If headers and totals are included, it canít be sorted.

Excel exported report

The other way to export to Excel that I recommend is to remove the first check mark which makes the second and third checkmarks moot. It produces a nice looking spreadsheet with all formatting. It can't be sorted, of course. I recommend that you either leave all checks checked or uncheck the first one. Leaving them all check gives the most flexibility, removing the first check looks the nicest.

Of course, producing the spreadsheets from the Reporter instead of exporting reports to Excel is also highly recommended.

Revised 03/Aug/2011

Back to the Home Page.
Back to the Home Page.