Web Assistant Letter/Tutorial for Volunteers
Log in on our site at ________ by clicking the link to Enter Hours. Your username is your first and last name without a space. It doesn't matter if you use capital letters or not.
The first time you login, use the temporary password _______. You must pick a new password. After you create your new password you can enter your hours. Just pick the right job off the list if you have more than one placement.
Below is a sample site to show how easy it is to enter your volunteer Hours online.
Go to Your Volunteer Organization's Site
Open your Web browser [Internet Explorer is one example of a browser] and enter in the website address of the organization where you volunteer or click the link in the email your volunteer coordinator sent, and your browser will open to the site automatically.
Login to Enter Hours
Click the button or link to Enter Hours.
- Your username is usually your first and last name without a space, e.g., MarySmith.*
- It doesn't matter if you use capital letters or not.
- The first time you login, use the temporary password given to you by the volunteer coordinator.
- The password will be masked by asterisks.
You must pick and enter a new password. Most organizations prefer that you keep the same username. Leave your username blank unless you are changing it.
After confirming your new password, click Home to proceed to submit hours.
- Back on the volunteers' page, click the button to enter your hours.
- From now on, this will be your routine.
- Pick the right job off the list if you have more than one placement.
- Click OK.
- The Hours entry screen lets you simply fill in the date and hours served.
- Some organizations also collect mileage reimbursement information.
- Click OK and you are done.
- You may then click the link to enter hours for another Job.
- Log out.
*Problems? Troubleshooting Tips
A few unusual circumstances could prevent you from being able to log in:
- Duplicate Names: In a very few instances, where there are identical first and last names, like John Smith, the second instance of that name will have the number 1 added to it. In some instances of duplicate names the automatic assignment becomes the first name, middle initial and last name all in one username without spaces, e.g., JohnCSmith if the name on record has a middle initial. If you have trouble with your user name, contact your volunteer coordinator.
- No Job Placement: You will not be able to login to enter hours or send a message until you have a placement.
- Cookies: You must have cookies enabled in your browser [i.e., Internet Explorer or Firefox].
If you have any problems, contact your volunteer coordinator.