Print Birthday List in Large Font
You can make a custom report by exporting the Volunteer Birthdays and Ages report to Excel and formatting the text large. There are a lot of little steps, but it really is easy.
You can run the report: Reports | Volunteer Reports | Volunteer Birthdays and Ages.
- Birthday Month: set the month, same in both fields
- Name: maybe set to First & Last
- Filter: leave on All Records
- Sort Order: Birthday Month [this organizes them by day of the month, too]
- Comment: No comment
Instead of printing it, Export it to Excel so that you can increase the font size before printing.
- Click the Print/Export button
- Next to Direct to... click the drop-down arrow
- Select Microsoft Excel Format
- Click the Export Options properties button located to the right of the drop-down list.
- Select the Output tab.
- Uncheck the "Ignore header lines" option for an Excel report which includes headers.
- [I don't know what "Ignore group lines" does—it seems to have no effect with or without it.]
- Click on the Start button which opens the "Save As" screen.
- You must save it before you can view it.
- Select where to save the exported file [My Documents is the default]
- Change the default file name, if desired.
- In the lower left of this screen are two check boxes:
Leave "Open the file in the registered application" checked
- In the Excel document, Highlight the first row and Bold the header text
- Select the whole sheet and change the font
- Expand the column widths by dragging to the right
- Print Preview to check it -- may have to go to File | Page Setup to set it to Landscape orientation