The first procedure to try would be your performance settings. Depending on how much RAM each computer has, this may or may not work. If the computer has less then 256 MB of RAM, click Cancel and move on to the second procedure.
- Click on File | Preferences
- Click on the Performance tab
- Confirm the amount of Ram and performance setting
- If the setting is High change it to Normal - (in other words, change it to the level directly below the current setting) click OK
- Yes to restart the computer
- Test filters, if they work, change the performance setting back to the recommended level and you're done.
The second procedure is to make an adjustment to the BDE Administrator. It is possible that only the network administrator can edit the BDE but try it anyway. Before you start, close the Reporter.
(From Windows XP)
- Start | Settings | Control Panel
- Open the BDE Administrator
- On the Configuration tab, click on the + sign once to the left of System
- Click once on INIT
- Change the MAXFILEHANDLES to 200 and apply by tapping Enter or, by clicking on the blue Apply arrow that sweeps to the right.
- Close and save all the changes to the BDE.