Restore Data from a Backup on a USB Drive [v.5.7]
First, Verify the Proper Data Set
The Reporter restores data to the currently selected data set, replacing the existing data.
If you have multiple data sets, check the name in the Reporter's title bar if they are named. You can switch data sets if necessary.
- Open the Volunteer Reporter.
- Go to the File menu | Select Data Set.
- Highlight the correct data set.
- Click the Select button to close
Restore the Data from a USB Stick
Go to the File menu | Restore | Restore Data Files window:
- To the right of the "Restore from this file" field click the little folder icon
- Navigate to the correct drive
- Usually you open the "Look in" list and scroll down to find the USB drive
- Click on the USB drive to open it
- If necessary open the folder that the backup is in
- Click the backup file name [e.g., VRdata_20091008.zip or VRdata.zip]
- Click Open
- Back at the "Restore Data Files" screen click OK
You will receive several messages:
Are you sure you want to replace your current data with a previous copy of your data?