Search in Windows XP
How to Search for a File or Folder
- Click Start, and then click Search.
- In the Search Companion dialog box, click All files and folders.
- Type part or all of the name of the file or folder, or type a word or phrase that is in the file.
- In the Look in box, click the drive or drives, folder, or network location that you want to search.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Click When was it modified to look for files that were created or modified on or between specific dates.
- Click What size is it to look for files that are specific size.
- Click More advanced options to specify additional search criteria.
- Click Search.