Scheduling Split Shifts
Say there's an 8am to 11am shift, an hour off for lunch, and a noon to 2 afternoon shift for a total of 5 hours for one day.
- Lunch 11:00-12:00
Schedule First Shift
In Start Time and Stop Time fields type the beginning and ending times of the first shift. Make sure AM or PM is indicated.
- In Schedules click Add.
- Choose the Volunteer name.
- Choose the job.
- Set the day for the schedule.
- In Start Time type: 0800
- Tab to the Stop Time field (notice above a small a indicates AM.
- Type 1100a in Stop Time.
- Stay on this screen (do not click OK).
Schedule Second Shift
For the second shift, use the Available and Scheduled columns to add the fifteen minute increments, ending fifteen minutes before the ending time.
- For the second shift, click 12:00p in the Available column.
- Click the right arrow once.
- Keep clicking the arrow to add the times through 1:45p.
- Do not click 2:00p.
- Note the Hours tallied on the left = 5.00.
- Note the Additional Times checkbox is filled, indicating you have scheduled a split shift.
Now the Additional Times checkbox is filled, indicating you have scheduled a split shift and the total hours are 5.
Print a Schedule
To check your work, click the Print button.
Choose a report: Volunteer Daily Schedule & Timesheet
Set the date For the month of....