Upgrade the Volunteer Reporter Software and Data
- Check whether this computer is 64 bit, if so install appropriately.
- Close all the other Reporter programs.
- Login as the Reporter user.
- Open the Reporter.
- Backup the Reporter from the file menu in the Reporter [File | Backup | Add the date].
- Close the Reporter.
- Login as administrator.
- Install the new version from the disc onto the workstation.
- Select Program Only. Leave all paths as they appear.
- Let it reindex when it wants to.
- Login as the user. Open the Reporter.
- It will run Live Update behind the scenes.
- Let the Reporter upgrade the data. No need to backup this time.
- On the other workstations, login as administrator and install choosing Program Only.
- The data will not need upgrading on all the other workstations.
Don't hesitate to call if you have questions.